maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

WOC 2010

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 18 August 2010, 3:25 AM  
yes Jeff this could be helpfull to a lot of people.
There is also a range of braces at rebel sports called 'MacDavid' depending on the level of support you need. I have know idea what to get but will need something to help the ankle when i come out of retirement to smash you.

Looking at the woc2011 site with the sample maps shows nothing to write home about... until you click on '0-festival' then 'programme'. then you will see something to tease your orienteering senses (after you enlarge it) and yes it does look to be rough and tough, but i don't know about shite.

http://www.woc2011.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=176&lang=en

Plenty of rough hilly terrain running training will be helpfull for sure. Beautiful Hills might get a good workout, what other tough and technical maps do we have around... Pio Pio?

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 18 August 2010, 3:35 AM  
and for the complete geeko...

http://www.woc2011.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=145

it would be helpful to speak french but there plenty of nice scenery

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 18 August 2010, 3:48 AM  
photo caption...

Ross: "Hey Matt, there's proof global warming does exist"
Matt: "what are you on about?"
Ross: "Minna is getting hotter every year!"
Matt: "I was just thinking the same thing Ross, piss off anyway, you already have a girlfriend"

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 18 August 2010, 3:57 AM  
hahahaha......many a true word spoken in jest!!! Very good Paul.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 18 August 2010, 3:03 PM  
The vegetation will vary a lot and be fairly aweful sometimes - I seem to remember the most frustrating thing about this terrain is hitting the nice quite open pieces of forest with big oak trees and not being able to run fast because of all the rocky crap on the ground... and it then being so crappy that I couldn't even read the map at either. The winners will do 6-7mins/km at the fastest probably, so fairly slow by Contenental standards.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 August 2010, 3:54 AM  
Aside... Paul the Octupus have you seen you have a rival, Dirty Harry the croc has expressed a preference for Julia Gillard. (Chomp.) Who do YOU reckon will win on Saturday and will either let NZ apples in? No need to eat anything just a squeeze with your right or left tentacle. Squeeze any of the middle ones if you think the Greens will hold the balance of power.

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 20 August 2010, 10:16 AM  

...Yes, I can see it now, A new Coalition govt is scraped together with the Greens holding the balance of power, an ETS is implimented, the rich miners are supertaxed and the Wallaby's win the Rugby world cup. Meanwhile Winston Peters joins Pauline Hanson to form a new party called Australiasia First. One Nation.

This message was edited by paultheOctopus on 21 August 2010, 12:01 AM

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 21 August 2010, 3:42 PM  
You old teaser, you've squeezed ALL your tentacles!

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz