maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

WMOC Brazil

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 31 October 2014, 7:09 AM  
Starts tomorrow. Best wishes to kiwis Alistair and Joanna Stewart, Rudi Hlawatsch, Simon Rouse and Bob Lindop. Though the last two may be listing errors, don't recognise the club name. Also 15 Aussies including former kiwis Ted van Geldermalsen and Margi Freemantle. www.wmoc2014.org.br

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 31 October 2014, 1:34 PM  
Not an error - Simon and Bob both have Auckland o-tops and are currently living overseas. Looks an awesome place to visit and so close to some amazing sites.

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 31 October 2014, 1:50 PM  
"This is a historic occasion as it is the first major IOF event to take place in South America. It is an exciting step forward in the objective of becoming a truly global sport. The WMOC 2014 includes a 1574 female and male athletes ranging from 35 to 96 years old."

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 November 2014, 9:05 AM  
Sprint results: Simon Rouse 21st M35A; Rudi Hlawatsch 43rd M50A; Alistair Stewart 35th M65A; Bob Lindop 16th M70B; Joanna Stewart 10th W60B. From over the ditch Jenny Bourne won W60, and Ted van G was 4th in M60. The first of the two long distance qualifiers have been run.

Show Profile  Jane H Posted: 7 November 2014, 12:07 AM  
And if you look closely enough at the photos you can see some other kiwi things are on the long courses ... they are using O-Lynx wireless radios.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 November 2014, 10:42 AM  
Simon Rouse and Alistair Stewart have qualified for the long final. Rudi H appears to have missed out by one place, I think the "top 50%" rule in M50 will draw the line at 30th in his heat. He was one place and 21sec adrift. From Australia Jenny Bourne, Geoff Lawford, Paul Pacque and Ted van G have qualified well, but president Blair Trewin mp'd in qual #2.

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 8 November 2014, 3:12 AM  
Mp'd was due to picking up the wrong map, or that is what I have heard

Show Profile  blairtrewin Posted: 8 November 2014, 4:10 AM  
Correct (and of course I would have picked the day with the 20-minute first leg, meaning finding out too late to go back to the start, or so I thought - as it turned out, even with 40 minutes lost, it might just have been possible to scrape into the last qualifying spot with a good run, although producing one in such circumstances would be pretty doubtful).

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 November 2014, 10:45 AM  
Top NZ placing came from Simon Rouse, 15th in M35. Alistair Stewart's 35th in M65 is arguably as good since the class is so much bigger. Rudi got into the M50 A final after all, and placed 53rd. Joanna Stewart 12th W60B and Bob Lindop mp. Best down-under result was a fine win in W60 by Australia's Jenny Bourne's by over 2min. Geoff Lawford might have expected something similar but was only 27th (M55), while in M60 Paul Pacque finished 7th and Ted van G 10th.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz