maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

2016 NZ Orienteering Champs

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 8 May 2015, 3:52 PM  
Planning for this event is underway. We've even started a website where I aim to post updates leading up to the event. http://2016nzochamps.weebly.com/

One of the planned supporting events is a mini-conference. This will be planned for the Saturday night and will be a series of 10-15 presentations to share good practice. Still in it's infancy but I'm keen to hear from anyone interested in presenting or assisting in coordinating. Aim is to have perhaps 6-8 presentations.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 May 2015, 9:54 AM  
Nice - can we have 2016 now please?

Show Profile  JohnR Posted: 9 May 2015, 4:30 PM  
I am available to give a presentation on Kiwi sport

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 2 June 2015, 5:07 AM  
I see the GODZone adventure race starts the weekend after the nationals and it starts near Nelson. So is this too close or will some of the adventure racers still do the orienteering?

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 2 June 2015, 2:52 PM  
Good question? At least the Nationals is nearby. I guess the elites will need to make a personal decision as to what means more to them. I assume it will still be the trial for the World Champs. I think it would be a massive step backwards as a sport to change our calendar or protocol to cater for a commercial event.

Imagine though if all the navigators made themselves unavailable if they had double booked!

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 3 June 2015, 1:27 AM  
I think it's unlikely to make any difference physically this way around. If people choose one over the other it will more likely be for other reasons (such as not enough money or time to do both)

Personally I would much rather have it like this than nationals after GZ. Even a month after this year those that did GZ were still pretty shattered.

Show Profile  AndrewT Posted: 3 June 2015, 8:27 AM  
harden up

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 3 June 2015, 6:51 PM  
I reckon nationals should be included in godzone one year. All 4 races.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 12 October 2015, 2:43 PM  
Nelson Orienteering Club is calling for expressions of interest in the position of Controller for the Long Distance event at the 2016 NZ Orienteering Champs on Easter Sunday. The event map is by Nick Hann of WOC on the new Big Bush Forest map beside the town of St Arnaud. The event Planner is Michael Croxford from NOC and the event organizer is Jan Harrison from PAPO. Please email Sally Lattimore on horoeka[@]gmail.com.

Please note that expenses will be covered for anyone interested in this role.

This message was edited by mcroxford on 13 October 2015, 5:13 PM

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 13 October 2015, 10:13 AM  
Follow updates on this event at http://2016nzochamps.weebly.com/.

Or join us on Facebook on https://www.facebook.com/2016-NZ-Orienteering-Champs-Nelson-1411527855831941/timeline/?ref=hl.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 4 March 2016, 7:57 AM  
Please note that entries for the Nationals close at midnight tonight. Visit www.noc.org.nz and follow the links to the entries page.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 16 March 2016, 5:05 PM  
Programme now available to download from the website.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 20 March 2016, 9:59 AM  
Start lists available for download from the website.

Show Profile  camd Posted: 20 March 2016, 10:05 AM  
In the nationals program it says "Whistles are compulsory", I assume that's just for the youngest grades and not everyone?

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 20 March 2016, 1:50 PM  
The event organiser has received an email seeking clarification on this policy. Any changes to the programme will be sent out via email to all competitors on Wednesday and posted to the website.

Show Profile  Jane H Posted: 21 March 2016, 1:19 AM  
Re Whistles: The new Health and Safety Act comes into law on 4th April. To protect those "Officials" who are on the NOC Committee and all those organising the Nationals events I will volunteer to wear a whistle if while out on any course. Its a new era people - get use to it.

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz