maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Visiting NZ - help needed

Show Profile  ramzabeoulwe Posted: 1 October 2015, 4:33 AM  
Hi,

My name is Tom, I'm 33. I'm the Coach of the Polish National Junior Team in foot orienteering and also a coach in my local orienteering club. I have been doing orienteering for over 20 years now

I have also dreamed about visiting NZ one day, and guess what... today I've found flights that are 50% cheaper than normal ones and I can afford them. But getting to NZ is one challenge. Staying there is another. Therefore I'm looking for someone (preferably from the orienteering family), who will be able to accommodate me, my wife and my daughter during our visit.
I will be frank: the cheaper the better, ideally for free We don't need much. One room is enough, but we'd also like to have access to the kitchen, so that we can prepare some food. We don't plan to stay in one place for the whole time, as we'd like to do some sightseeing and orienteering.

We can repay the host, or the club by coaching (orienteering oriented), helping out in organizing trainings, drawing training courses, cooking (my wife is a great cook! ), giving lectures (I speak fluent English) on topics regarding orienteering technique, mental preparation and healthy lifestyle (we actually have a blog all about health).

My wife is a keen orienteerer too. She has been a member of Polish National Team during WOC in Finland. My daughter is 5 years old. She understands English and she will be able to communicate and play with other children about her age.

We are planning to fly to Auckland early February 2016, and we will be leaving around 20th of March.

Do you know anyone who can help us out? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Tomek

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 3 October 2015, 6:01 AM  
Hi - we are in Lower Hutt (close to Wellington) You are very welcome to stay with us if you are travelling this way, perhaps en route to explore the South Island. anna.robertson1966@gmail.com

Show Profile  ramzabeoulwe Posted: 3 October 2015, 1:02 PM  
Awsome. We don't have the exact plan of the trip yet, but we will definitely ask for your hospitality. I will write to you when I know a little bit more.

Thank you!

Show Profile  hbfixtures Posted: 5 October 2015, 11:56 AM  
Hi, we are in Napier, Hawkes Bay (east coast of the North Island) we have a strong orienteering club in Hawkes Bay and Hawkes Bay is a lovely area to visit and could be a nice drive from Auckland south and then onto Wellington. You are welcome to stay if this suited. Karen. Email: beckman743@hotmail.com

Show Profile  ramzabeoulwe Posted: 5 October 2015, 3:16 PM  
Great! Thanks a lot

Show Profile  BGood Posted: 7 October 2015, 1:53 AM  
Hi There, You are welcome to stay with us in Thames if you would like easy access to the Coromandel area; http://www.thecoromandel.com/
Our Email is santygoodall@msn.com
Regards Brent.

Show Profile  ramzabeoulwe Posted: 7 October 2015, 3:07 PM  
Awsome, I will write to you in a few days

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz