maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

2017 Events Calendar

Show Profile  NSmith Posted: 11 May 2016, 10:12 AM  
While there is nobody filling the role of Events Coordinator perhaps it's pertinent that we start sharing information around what clubs are doing. To the best of my knowledge next years calendar will look something like:

February 4-6th Waitangi Weekend (PAPO): Somewhere exciting in the South Island (Not JWOC trials)

March 11th Katoa Po (Taupo)

March 18th/19th (TBC) Provisionally Otago Champs Weekend at Naseby.

April 14th-17th Oceania Champs in Auckland
April 19th-20th Middle Earth orienteering Rotorua
April 22nd-29th WMOC in Auckland

June 3rd-5th Queens Birthday (Schools trial) PAPO

October 21st-23rd New Zealand Champs at Labour Weekend in the Hawkes Bay.

Unallocated:

- WOA Champs
- AOA Champs
- SI Champs (Nelson by rotation)
- Canterbury Champs (Possibly in combination with QBD or else at the end of the year at Show Weekend)
- JWOC trials

Schools:

NISS/SISS held sometime close to the usual date at the end of the schools holidays (when WMOC is) Probably mid-May though they may not necessarily be on the same weekend.

NZSS Champs, rotation listed as Wellington, probably on the usual date at the end of the July schools holidays.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 11 May 2016, 2:57 PM  
In 2017 Nelson is to host the SISS Champs either at the very end of March or in mid-May. We are also hosting the South Island Champs to be either a couple of weeks before the Nationals or Canterbury's Show Weekend.

I think the current plan is for the 2018 SI Champs to be co-hosted between Marlborough and Nelson as Dunedin and PAPO have the Nationals.

Show Profile  Taupoite Posted: 11 May 2016, 3:06 PM  
TOC has offered to host NISSC 19-21 May or possibly 12-14th. Waiting of NZOF and Secondary Schools Sports Council decisions

Show Profile  cmevents Posted: 20 June 2016, 10:35 PM  
Counties will be hosting Auckland Champs on 7-8 October

Show Profile  rhigham Posted: 6 July 2016, 4:09 AM  
Russell Higham - ONZ Events Liaison
Thank you all for your offers, I have included them all in the ONZ Calendar with some to be confirmed.
I have locked in Taupo NISS for 19-21 May 2017, and will work with you regarding extra Folk for course creation and on the day assistance - which is part of my job description.
Where an event date has been confirmed could you please load it onto the ONZ Website ASAP please.
I have been exploring the best format for our calendars, watch the ONZ website.
Please don't hesitate to contact me on events@orienteering.org.nz

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz