maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Oceania and Masters

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 April 2017, 10:25 AM  
What a stunning effort by a huge team to deliver one of the best carnivals anywhere. The feedback was so positive by so many visitors, and I'm certain the next major event in NZ will be even more popular.
In hindsight, not having public races for the under 35 year olds at the Masters was a blessing, as the juniors did such a good volunteer job, and I heard many positive comments about how great it was to see all the youngsters, and how friendly they were.
The maps were perfect throughout, and a massive effort went into making sure they were so good. I feel sorry for those who did not make it, as they really missed out and $70 per event was cheap for what we got for the Masters.

Show Profile  AlisterM Posted: 30 April 2017, 1:17 PM  
I absolutely endorse Rob's comments. A huge vote of thanks to the many volunteers who have worked very hard over the last few years and and long hours over the last two weeks to stage 11 great events. It was especially good to see the next generation stepping up in event planning, controlling and helping out throughout the carnival.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 April 2017, 5:22 PM  
http://orienteering.org/wmoc-and-world-games-long-distance-final/

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 1 May 2017, 4:23 PM  
All the Oceania and WMOC events are up on Route Gadget rg.orienteering.org.nz Some interesting battles coming to light. And some quite nice macramé.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 May 2017, 10:50 AM  
Would like to mark some great features, commend for imitation. The award ceremonies. Nick's confident expression of foreign names may not be often required, but the simple steps of pre-marshalling placegetters, and calling them up in 6's (3 men and 3 women) played a big part in making the enjoyable.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 May 2017, 8:58 AM  
Commend the widespread and consistent signage, based on professionally printed corflute on those real-estate stakes. Both road signage and around the event centres. (Contrast with those badly-lettered finger-posts tied up with rope, still used too often unfortunately.)

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 9 May 2017, 1:04 PM  
I reckon the commentaries were superb for both Oceania and Masters, and added a lot to the atmosphere, plus the food choices, and TV results were excellent.
I'm looking forward to seeing what I assume can only be positive comments from off shore.
Some of these great maps will be embargoed till next year, when NZ Champs, QB, and AK Champs will happen.

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 13 May 2017, 1:05 PM  
Thanks to all those involved. The whole carnival was just superb.
I really loved the Sprint final at Auckland Uni. Clever course setting and unbelievable number of marshals out on the course.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 May 2017, 1:53 PM  
And Auck Uni was a fantastic finish arena wasn't it? But that belies the fantastic arena which had to be constructed for the final in the forest. I hope this will feed a lot of ideas into selecting and setting up events centres for all our events.

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 13 May 2017, 2:54 PM  
I thought the start area at Auck Uni was pretty special too

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz